St. Brides were founded in 1927 by Fr. Seamus Ó Cuinn upon his return to the Parish as Parish Priest. The club had their first bit of championship glory in 1931 when they defeated Owen Roes in the Junior Championship Final.
St Brides enjoyed their best period on the football field between 1933 and 1943 having won every competition within the county except for the Second Division Championship. The biggest win came in 1943 when they bacame Louth Senior Champions beating Cooley in the final.
The 50’s were a busy time off the football field. In 1952, Fr Ó Cuinn died and it was agreed that a football field would be purchased and it would be named in his honour. The field was purchased for £400.00, a fundraising campaign kicked into gear for the development of the field which involved inviting the All Ireland Champions at the time Kerry for an exhibition game in the Athletic Grounds in Dundalk. The pitch located on the Stephenstown Road was opened on May 1st 1955 and named Páirc an Chuinnigh.
Also in 1952 it was agreed to build a permanent clubroom. The old forge site was purchased & transformed into the clubrooms that still stand today. The building cost £500.00 and opened on 23rd July 1953.
When St. Brides was founded Fr. Ó Cuinn set about promoting Irish games & culture in the community. In 1928 he formed St. Brides Camogie Club and down through the decades ladies flocked to play as there were no other sports competing with it. St. Brides Camogie enjoyed their best period between 1951 and 1953 as they captured the Senior Championship title in both of those years along with winning most of the other competitions that they were qualified to compete in.